COVID-19 Business Resources
- Greenville County Cares - Greenville County has launched Greenville County Cares, a funding program designed to distribute millions of dollars to county businesses, non-profits, public health organizations, housing authorities, special purpose districts and other agencies that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Greenville County is the only local government in SC to receive funding through the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which required a population of 500,000 or more to qualify.
The program features several funding categories, including $70M for small businesses (1-50 employees); $5M for minority small businesses and $4M for public health organizations. Funds are also available for housing/rent assistance and childcare. Applicants can apply for more than one grant but will only be awarded a grant in one category. For more information and to apply, visit greenvillecounty.org/CARES.
- The Greater Greenville Pledge - Visit www.greatergreenvillepledge.com to get information about reopening your business responsibly. Businesses can take a voluntary pledge to practice social distancing and receive marketing materials to support their effort.
- Business Licenses - The City is deferring deadlines for payment of new business licenses and business license renewals.
- Taxes - The City is suspending penalties for late payment of local accommodations fees and hospitality tax for the reporting periods due March 20, 2020, and April 20, 2020. If filed with the City by the appropriate due dates, payments will not accrue a late penalty until May 21, 2020.
- Parking - The City is working with businesses on a case-by-case basis. Please call Parking Services at 864.467.4900 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday if you need assistance.
- Economic Development - Please contact the City’s Economic Development Department at email@example.com for guidance and connection to resources.
- General Information - Up-to-date information about the City’s response to the COVID-19 emergency is available at http://emergency.greenvillesc.gov.
- accelerateSC - Up-to-date information for citizens about the State’s response to COVID-19 including economic revitalization plans for South Carolina.
- CommunityWorks Carolina - Personalized business coaching and guidance through federal and state relief funding process.
- SC Works - Local Greenville office providing career guidance, job referrals and testing/training for jobseekers, employers and those looking to further their careers.
- South Carolina Department of Revenue - Tax relief for persons or businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- South Carolina Department of Commerce COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce
- South Carolina COVID-19 Emergency Supply Sourcing & Manufacturing
- South Carolina Bar Toll-free Legal Assistance Hotline
- U.S. Department of Labor - Resources for employers and their employees.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)